Friday, October 14, 2011

Wardrobe Malfunction

Well, I haven't quite had one yet, but the weather keeps changing, and I feel like I am packing half my closet for 1 race. 

Pretty much the only thing that is certain right now is the underwear I am wearing (not pictured).  Other than that, I cannot figure out what to wear!  I can't even decide which VISOR/headband I want to wear.  I am being so pathetic.  With this pile of clothes, I SHOULD be able to make every combo I need for every weather situation, I think.  I wish my grey NB skirt was clean, and I might just have to wash it, just in case.  I thought the weather was going to be in the 60s, but according to the Detroit Marathon's f/b page today, the weather is supposed to be in the mid 40s at the start, and upper 40s at 9am, and I am hoping to finish shortly after 9am.   Ugh.  At least with this pile of stuff, I should be able to make whatever game day decision I need to.  Also, we are hoping to go mountain biking while in MI, so whatever I don't wear for the race, I will need to wear biking.  Gotta grab some padded shorts too.

Now I need to pack normal clothes, as well as clothes for the kids.  This is my least favorite part of travel. 

4 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

One thing I like about being on a team is the process of race outfits is picked out for me.

OK, based on what you have laid out, go with the blue running shorts, aquafor singlet, TIA visor, Pink compression socks, and buy a pair of cheap knee high socks and cut of the toes for arm warmers and cheap gloves to toss away once your warmed up. I was so fansinated by the amount of tossed clothes during the glass city mary i did.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Hope you had a great race! Can't wait to see the recap!

Leah F said...

Good luck Melissa! Both in the race and in picking out your outfit! I'll look for you!

Unknown said...

I over pack... and have options for everything. You look prepared to me! :) hahaha!