Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Public Service Announcement! Bob Stroller Canopy Recall for Embroidery Patch

I know you are probably sick of me already, since I really had no intention of blogging this much this week.  However, with the little dude still sick and being in mad taper time, I have quite the large amount of time on the couch with him.  I received an email from BOB Strollers informing me of the following recall:

Safety Recall:

B.O.B® Strollers with Embroidered Canopy Logos

Recall Hotline (855) 242-2245 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. MST M-F

www.bobnotices.com

October 11, 2011
Dear BOB Purchaser,
Our records indicate that you may have purchased a BOB Stroller that may present a potential safety hazard. The stroller canopy’s embroidered logo’s backing patch can detach, posing a choking hazard to babies and young children and must be removed to safely use the stroller. BOB is recalling this product in cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada.
This is a second recall of BOB Strollers in cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada. This recall is different than the one announced in February 23, 2011, involving the removal of a canopy drawstring.
This recall involves BOB Strollers manufactured between 1998 and November 2010. All the recalled strollers can be most easily identified by a “BOB®”, “Stroller Strides®” or “Ironman®” embroidered logo on the stroller canopy. Models included in the recall are:
BOB Stroller Model NameSuggested Retail Price*Embroidered Canopy Logo consumers should look for
Sport Utility Stroller
$299.00“BOB”
Sport Utility Stroller D’Lux$349.00“BOB”
Ironman®
$349.00“IRONMAN”
Sport Utility Stroller Duallie®
$429.00“BOB”
Ironman® Duallie®$479.00“IRONMAN”
Revolution®
$389.00“BOB”
Revolution® 12”$399.00“BOB”
Stroller Strides®
$399.00“STROLLER STRIDES”
Revolution® Duallie®
$569.00“BOB”
Revolution® 12” Duallie® $589.00“BOB”
Stroller Strides® Duallie®$589.00“STROLLER STRIDES”
* Prices have varied.

You should immediately stop using the recalled strollers and contact BOB at www.bobnotices.com for instructions on how to remove the embroidery backing patch from the embroidered logo.

To order the instructions by phone, or for additional information, contact BOB toll free at (855) 242-2245 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. MST Monday through Friday, or visit our website at www.bobnotices.com Our goal is to make sure you are taken care of as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, The BOB Crew

My kids like to pick at things, but are not eaters of the thing they peel (for the most part).  This being said, my kids pretty much picked the backing off themselves as something to do on those 12 miles I put them through in the stroller.  Mine looks like this as a result of their handiwork:

I don't have much work left to do. 

On a side note, I did receive the retrofit kits for the other canopy recall.  I have not yet installed them.  I should, though, especially since the canopy needs to be in a specific position for the weathershield installation.  It is getting close to that time of year.  I have used the single stroller without the retrofit and the weathershield, since I was able to use the existing velcro to secure the canopy. (I did remove and dispose of the strings right away, as well as inform a lady at the mall that her strings needed to be removed too last week).  Also, Soren is 3, and we talk the entire time, so if he stopped talking, I would know instantly that he wasn't getting enough air.  Not to say that I shouldn't fix it still, but with older children, sometimes the worries are a bit less since they can tell you something is wrong when a really little one cannot.  As well as some of the new parent paranoia is gone too :)

Yesterday, I was able to click on one of the above links and it took me to this pdf link here:
http://www.bobnotices.com/recall1/documents/OMB06.pdf
It contains the directions for repairing the canopy.  Since the  above link doesn't take you there anymore, I am not sure if they have a different procedure, or if they are just tracking the number of people that perform the recall by requesting the serial numbers from the strollers.  My IRONMAN Stroller may not be affected but my duallie certainly is.  Off to go copy some serial numbers!

No comments: