Monday, February 27, 2012

Ski Utah! 2012


Where have I been?  Neglecting blogger, thats where.  ha ha.  Actually, I went on vacation for several days with the family to Utah.  We were able to ski at Brighton, Snowbird, and Alta.  Three of my favs!  I took a ton of pictures.  It wasn't so cold that I couldn't get my hand out to use the camera, and we weren't being pelted by wind or blowing snow that also makes it hard.
My favorite of Ryan, at Snowbird skiing in Mineral Basin:
Brighton, Both kids did Ski school in the morning (it was a bust for Soren, but at least all the adults could ski).  My parents and Ryan's brother, Tyler, and his son, Chase, came with us:


More Snowbird, the kids stayed with my parents for the day and we went with Ryan's brother for the morning, and then his wife and some of her family joined us for the afternoon:



 Ryan and Tyler



Tyler and Minde



Alta- We had the whole family in force today.  Keira and Chase did a morning lesson, and my mom watched Soren at the base.  Tyler, my dad, and Ryan's parents hit the slopes in the morning, and then in the afternoon, Minde joined back up with us, and we got everyone out of ski school.  We also met up with Arthur, Ryan's friend who lives in SLC:




 Papa, Keira, and Nana (Ryan's parents), at Alf's.  This is the first time we have been able to ski the kids over here to the mid mountain restaurant since before Keira was born!


 Chase, Keira, and Nana
 Almost everyone
 Tyler and Chase
 Arthur (Ryan's friend and our best man who lives in SLC), with his daugher Astrid (and Ryan)
 Art and Astrid with Ryan and Soren
 My parents, aka Grandma and Grandpa



It was a great trip.  We are so happy we went!  It had been way too long since we were out there!  It just didn't make sense with the kids so little, though.  We will have to make this a yearly trip again.  Next year should be even easier (although pricier), because we will be able to put both kids in ski school! 

That's all for now.  I have a lot of other stuff coming up, that I know you are just so curious to know about.  I had my first 20 miler, swimming lessons, and went on a diet after the ski trip.  More updates to come!

3 comments:

Laura Boll said...

What a fun trip! Those mountains are gorgeous, too. We'll have a few years before we can do that, but it's nice you're getting to the stage where both kids can participate.

Unknown said...

Wow... looks like an amazing trip Melissa! :) I'm super jealous!!!

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I missed this one... but Wow - what great pictures. Looks like such a beautiful place and you guys had such wonderful weather! Awesome trip!!