Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Groundhog Day

Happy Groundhog Day!  We had some fabulous weather today.  Honestly, I hope the rest of winter is like today.  I could totally handle 6 more weeks of 57 degree highs!


Today, we ran 8 outside.  We took the path on Commerce Parkway.  It is only 3 miles long, so I ran back one mile.  We had a meltdown that I expected when I turned back around to make our current point the halfway point.  He did OK though.  It felt awesome to be outside!

Yesterday, Soren and I were able to get out on a stroller run. Yeah for first stroller run of the year being in February! It wasn't the best. Soren was pretty tired, and was not happy to be going to the gym AFTER the stroller run. By Wednesday, he is usually pretty worn out. He complained quite a bit on our 4 mile run. 


Finally, I wanted to share this post written by a facebook friend.  My neighbor invited to me join a group called FAN, Fitness Accountability Network. Basically, it is a group of locals who post fitness goals weekly and report on how they are doing.  It is a place for encouragement and answers.  Matt, who is the organizer, wrote this post on Groundhog Day.  Don't make your workout routine be like Bill Murray! 
http://www.gymoptional.com/2011/09/20/avoid-fitness-plateaus-by-modeling-yourself-after-bill-murray/

4 comments:

fancy nancy said...

These temps are amazing! If this is winter then bring it on! He's such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute in the stroller! Wish Julia would handle that many miles..she tends to get antsy and want to run herself :)

Yes, the warm temps are definitely nice!

Laura Boll said...

8 miles in the stroller is impressive! Our limit is usually 5... enjoy the gorgeous weather!

Unknown said...

Yay for stroller runs! :) He looks mighty happy! I'm loving this weather too... how can we not???