Thursday, May 10, 2012

So not ready for Sandal Season!

I felt like I needed a lighter post after the last one that was all doom and gloom.  There will be an end to these hours at some point, and I am just going to have to accept that I need to just do this on my own.  I had a babysitter come over today, and Ryan has decided to skip going out of town this weekend, since it is Mother's Day, and we want to go on a much needed date.  He also needs to train, as do I, so I can use my babysitter for Sat for a date and not riding.  Whoo Hoo!  It is still hard, but it is what it is, so I need to just deal with it.

Hopefully this doesn't gross anyone out too bad, but, my feet look terrible! 

It has been almost a month since the Boston Marathon, and I still have 1 black toenail and 3 missing.  Ugh.  I was really worried that they wouldn't grow back, but there is the tinest growth on two of them.  Hopefully the last one will catch up.   They didn't get much worse by running the Derby Mini, but let me tell you, attending the actual Derby was murder on my feet.  I got a bunch new blisters and my ankles are sore.  I forgot my flip flops in the car.  Conversely, I got to the gym today and I realized that in addition to the running shoes I wore, I had 2 pairs of expensive Chaco brand flip flops plus crocs. 


We clean up pretty nice, don't we?

3 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Yes you guys clean up nice but I clicked on the picture of your toes and it was magnified 1000 times! OMG......... LOL!

Heather-O said...

Yay for date night!!! I hope you have a very happy mother's day. I don't know how you all do what you do with two little ones. I love the derby pics! Some day I would love to go, just to have an excuse to wear a super fancy hat!

Unknown said...

You guys look adorable! Love the hat!!!

I'm with Heather - kudos for all you do with two kiddos. Hope you had a great Mother's Day Melissa!