Monday, September 12, 2011

I think I am going to puke, or cry, or both

So I just went online and can look at the Boston Marathon application.  I am not supposed to fill it out yet.  I am allowed to sign up on Friday at 10am.  HOLY COW is this going to be the LONGEST WEEK EVER!  OH MY GOODNESS!  I am sitting here with an upset stomach and a tear in my eye over the stress of getting closed out and there is NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT! 

Since there is nothing I can do about it, I shouldn't let it bother me, but when have I ever been good at that?  I talked with Cristina, and she is going to be on standby Friday morning waiting for me to give her "the call" so she can sign up. 

What I am going to do about it is pray that I get in.  Also, I am going to make sure that Ryan DOES NOT mow through our underground coaxial cable like he did ON SATURDAY!  This is a really funny story, actually, and he had better not do it again.  I took the kids to the Crestwood Festival after my race so he could ride and mow the lawn.  I get home and he is standing bewildered in the front yard with the mower off.  We walk over and he hands me a piece of orange co-ax cable.  It wasn't buried properly, and apparently the soonest we can get someone out is tomorrow, Sunday, from 10-12.  This meant no phone, cable, or COLLEGE FOOTBALL!  Talk about crisis mode!  I asked where he wanted to go to watch the game, and his answer was we have to get it fixed, NOW.  With no phone or internet, I was a bit perplexed about where to go.  THANKFULLY, I had not  yet recycled our brand new phone book (recycling comes every other Monday, which was today, and it has a picture of a train on the front, so Soren "reads" it), and I actually got it out to look up the phone number for Radio Shack.  Forgetting that the phone doesn't work, I try to call them, since our internet doesn't work and I have no clue where the address was in relationship to my house.  My cell phone worked and the minutes were free since it was a weekend, and the man told me how to get there.  I feel like such an idiot because I don't know where anything is here still.  Anyway, $37 dollars later, I had a piece long enough to get from the cable box outside to our house.  The UM vs Notre Dame game as well as BYU were viewed in our home and all order was restored.  Lets just say that the next time I want to do a race that is in the $35-$40 range I better not get any questions asked.  Since I had to drive to La Grange, I am sure I used about $3 worth of gas, plus a half hour of my time.  Who knows how much the cable people would have charged us to come out.  I don't know if it would have been free or not, since we cut it, but they were the idiots that didn't bury it properly.  I will also be praying that we won't need to mow the lawn before Friday at 10am as well. 

I know this is my second post in 1 day, so please go ahead and scroll down and read my race recap below.  It is a good one!  I just had time to do this extra one here, and am freaking out (plus I forgot the cable story anyway).


fancy nancy said...

Ugh!!! Waiting is so hard and this is such a big deal!! Good luck!!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I hope you get in