Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Big Mess

Sorry I haven't had much to say lately. Everything is a mess. Literally. There is mess all around me right now. Over the weekend, our desktop really freaked out and I spent the weekend backing up files like crazy once we got it to turn on again. That was a scare. Then, Ryan's profile got some virus that won't let it open any programs. Mine seems to be OK, but some of the programs are being blocked right now.

The house is a mess. I am packing up all the clothes I need for me and the kids to take down to our furnished apartment in Louisville. We are going to Ohio for Easter, and then continuing on. More mess, lots of laundry everywhere. How is it that 2 children seem to have more clothes than me and theirs are smaller? I am sure it would have helped it if had not suddenly got cold here and I had to dig out all the winter clothes again that I had not planned on using for months. I have also not had time to sort out last years clothes to see what still fits, so I have all of that to deal with. I guess I will sort it there because it is not getting done before we leave. As long as I have room, it is all coming with me.

Aside from the laundry, the rest of the house is just plain messy too because all I have been focusing on is laundry. I wanted to have everything really clean, but being tidy will just have to do, if I can even manage that.

The weather is a mess, aside from being cold, it is also very wet. I am supposed to go on a 30 mile goodbye/happy birthday to me ride tomorrow, and it is supposed to rain. Ugh. At least the snow is gone.

Finally, I am a wreck. I should be writing about how excited I am that I finally signed up for a bunch of races but instead I am freaking out about the move and being sad. I am going to miss all of my friends here so much! I can't believe that I have to leave them. I wish I could just pack them up and take them with me too! I really hope we can have a good ride tomorrow, because maybe that will help me have one last fun workout before heading out.

I knew that this move was such a blessing, and things were going so well that I was on the lookout for something to be bad or hard, or even fall through (that is still a worry bead of mine, but I can't even bother with that now). I now know the hard part. Saying goodbye. I am in tears writing about this.

The good news is that the summer is going to be a lot of back and forth, but hopefully it won't make every time I come back harder to say goodbye. I don't want to be an emotional mess every time I come back. We will be back for almost 2 weeks in June and Keira will even go back to her school for that time. I have a lot of races planned for SE MI, so hopefully I can stick to my schedule of coming back once a month for a week and see how it goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

((HUGS))

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Moving is tough, hang in there, you will get through it