Sunday, February 9, 2014

Earthfare Earthlete, OSMO Nutrition and more indoor running!

2014 is shaping up to be incredibly cool, and I haven't even done a single race yet.  I am pleased to announce two more sponsors!  Earth Fare- The Healthy Supermarket and OSMO Nutrition.

I was able to get involved with Earth Fare mostly because of my friend Ginger.  She is a great friend and sometimes that voice of reason in my head when I am just being unreasonable due to the weather or other "act of God" type situations that threaten my workouts.  She is not an endurance athlete, but nutrition and healthy living is important to her as an aerobics instructor and mom of three active children.  She got me started going to Earth Fare once the opened near our homes.  It is a great grocery store, similar to Whole Foods, with an assortment of already prepared foods for immediate consumption, raw ingredients, and packaged foods.  They carry premium brands as well as their own line of items.  I really love Stonewall Kitchen products, and I am pleased that I can purchase them there.  One of my fellow Landsharks, Luke, is an Earthlete as well, and when I saw his advertisement on our club page for coupons, I jumped on it.  I got coupons for Ginger too, and then when it was time for Luke to refer athletes to their application, he chose me!  I will find out more information about the ambassadorship next month, but, I already know I love the store and the food there. 

My next announcement is with OSMO Nutrition.  I was fortunate to be able to attend a call in meeting with Stacy who is the founder and has been doing the research.  I took in so much information, and may completely redo my nutrition strategy for running.  With all my treadmill running lately, it gives me the perfect opportunity to really play around with my nutrition on the run without a sticky drippy camelback, with a drinking fountain, and bathrooms!  I have product on the way, and once I get to use it I will do more posting about it.  It really sounds that although my current nutrition on the run is fine, it could be great with OSMO, and I want to find out how I can make it that way.

Also, I left off my previous post that Ryan and I attended the Landshark social for our 11th wedding anniversary.  I know its a funny thing to do for a wedding anniversary, BUT, it is a great time.  We have a lot of friends there, and dinner is included so the cost of a babysitter is about a wash for the evening.  Plus, I have had pretty good luck with the door prizes.  Last year, I won a gift card for a restaurant, Rira Irish Pub (formerly at 4th Street Live).  Here we are enjoying the evening downtown at Louisville Slugger Field.
 
 Ryan and I
 Ryan, Me, Erin, and Dan
Erin and I

This year, I won a pair of shoes!!  Yay!  Also, my friend Lisa gave me a pair of shoes for Keira that her daughter didn't like.

Also, we had a huge ice storm this week.  It caused us to only have 2 days of school.  Kind of crazy.  I did another 20 miler on the treadmill.  It wasn't as bad as the first one, mostly because I knew I could do it.  Part of me was worried it would be worse than the first one, just because I did know what it felt like.  I had a lot of friends come in and run with me and support me.  Its kind of fun to do it inside and see how well I can hold my paces.  I varied it a tad ever half mile.  The ice was super dramatic outside.  It was pretty gray the first few days, but then on Friday, the sun came out and the world looked like it was covered in diamonds.  The trees looked all sparkly.  I was addicted to taking pictures, but they didn't capture it nearly as well as the eye saw it.  This one was my favorite picture at night:

Here are a couple daytime ones.


Hopefully everything will thaw out soon.  Its been so slippery that even short runs have been done inside.  I have yak tracks, but since I am really trying to hit particular splits, I just haven't wanted to risk it.  I feel lame.  I sort of miss running just to run.  This week is a shorter run, 13 miles, which should fit in nicely before I have a mother son dance with Soren at preschool.  I am looking forward to it.

No comments: